Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Jon & Kate plus 8

Let me start by saying I do not watch this show. We do not have cable so it is not an option for me, but I would like to think I would not watch it even it was available.

That being said, I just read a blog post over at Stuff Christians Like. It has some very interesting insight. I really like this:
Did Jon and Kate get what they deserve? I don't know. I've seen other Christians express this opinion but I don't know Jon and Kate. I know me. And I didn't get what I deserved. I got grace. I got forgiveness. I got Christ. I got rescued from the ruins of a life that seemed beyond redemption. I got a second chance and a 10th chance and a 300th chance. I didn't get what I deserved. And when we say that someone, "Got what they deserved," whether we're talking about a reality TV couple, our relatives or our neighbors, we lose sight of grace, which is the undercurrent of our ntire faith and a gift we do not deserve.

Read The Full Blog Post Here



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment