Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bragging On My Friends

I would like to brag about some friends of mine for a moment.

Craig & Susanne are members of our church, they are co-leaders with us in a small group, and the are both heavily involved with Crown Financial Ministries, a program Mary and I help lead at our church. In addition, we have had the pleasure of traveling with them to Vietnam on one of the GVI trips to work with the Birla Children’s Village, a trip they have participated in the last 5 years (this is a picture of Craig & Susanne with one of the former orphanage residents).

In 2008 GVI added a new orphanage to the program, so after spending three days with the kids from Birla the team went and spent time with kids from SS3, another orphanage near Hanoi.

Now, some people wonder if these trips really mean anything. After all, the kids do not speak English, our team does not speak Vietnamese, and we are only together a relatively few hours each year. Does our message of Hope ever really get through to these kids?

This year they received a letter from one of the children that they loved on while working with SS3. I think it makes it clear that Craig & Susanne have indeed made an impact on the life of at least this one girl.
"Thank for your love. Thank you very much. We had great time together. I am not sure to describe for you how much I felt happy.

I was smiling all of time while I was on car to come back. We miss all of you! We had last good memory together of you and GVI. Thank you very much!

I think it is true time I should open my secret that how much I love you, Craig and Susanne and GVI.

You are like my good father and GVI is my big family. When I read your letter I wanna cry because I am so happy.

Sometime I wanna know what a good father is and thank you so much because you showed me amazing love.

You make me remember my parent."
Thanks for letting this child see our Good Father.

To learn more about the work of GVI click on the picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment