Thursday, October 29, 2009

When 'Common Sense' Math Doesn't Add Up

In my role with Crown Financial Ministries I hear people talk about their money quite a bit. While leading these classes I quickly learned that we all have some ideas that we regard as common sense that just don't add up when you actually do the math. Unfortunately, many people will fight tooth and nail to defend their idea regardless of what the Bible says or the math says is true.

One of the most common bad ideas that I hear is that you should not try to pay off your mortgage. Dave Ramsey recently had a caller ask about this subject and I thought he did a good job of explaining the reasons people object and the reasons those objections are wrong. Click on the phone link to listen to the call (my recommendation) or the book link to read a synopsis.

No comments:

Post a Comment